s works do not infringe any copyrights held by Defendant AP and are protected by the Fair Use Doctrine," the complaint said.
What does FUD stand for?
FUD stands for Fair Use Doctrine (legal theory)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FUD
We have 26 other meanings of FUD in our Acronym Attic
- Flinders University Choral Society (Australia)
- Fundación Universitaria de Ciencias de la Salud (Spanish: University of Health Sciences Foundation; Colombia)
- Failed Under Continuous Testing
- Feast Upon Cactus Thorns (Tucson hardcore band)
- Forever Ungratical Coronaric Technikilation (band)
- Freelance Undercover Cyber Terrorists (gaming clan)
- From Under the Cork Tree (Fall Out Boy album)
- Federation of University Conservative and Unionist Associations (Britain, 1930's)
- First Unitarian Church of Victoria (Canada)
- First Unitarian Congregation of Waterloo (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Heller’s spokesman, Stewart Bybee, said in an e-mail that the ad is protected as political speech and by the Fair Use doctrine of copyright law.
If O'Neill and Brand were not covered by the fair use doctrine, the respondents continued, they certainly were protected by the First Amendment.
July 8, 2010) on the Nominative Fair Use Doctrine and Domain Names" audioconference to their offering.
Today, under the fair use doctrine, consumers are able to copy movies they own on videotapes, and copy music they own to cassettes, CDs and MP3 players.