The bill would have invalidated arbitration agreements between employers and employees, if required by the employer as a condition of hiring, that relate to employment practices covered by the Fair Employment and Housing Act.
What does FEHA stand for?
FEHA stands for Fair Employment and Housing Act (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FEHA
We have 2 other meanings of FEHA in our Acronym Attic
- Femme-Enfant-Hématologie (French: Mother-Child Hematology)
- Flaw Evaluation Handbook (nuclear)
- Flood Estimation Handbook (UK)
- Flying Eye Hospital (ORBIS International)
- Focal Epithelial Hyperplasia
- Fondation des Enfants d'Haïti (French: Foundation for Children in Haiti)
- Fonds pour l'Emploi Hospitalier (French: Hospital Employment Fund)
- Ford Escape Hybrid (Ford Motor Company model)
- Fundamentals of Engineering for Honors
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act
- Federal Hall National Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Ferruginous Hawk (bird species Buteo regalis)
- Florida Environmental Health Association
- Federatie Historische Automobiel- en Motorfietsclubs (Dutch: Federation of Historic Automobile and Motorcycle Clubs)
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Act
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Acquisition Regulation
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
- Fair Employment and Housing Commission
- Family Evaluation of Hospice Care
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act includes marital status, pregnancy, medical condition and physical handicap as prohibited grounds for employment decisions.
Other topics include procedural and unconscionable contracts; contracts of adhesion; opt-out provisions; California's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA); class action waivers; discovery; California Health and Safety Code provisions; the Federal Arbitration Act; and credit card disputes.
AB 1599 -- NEW PROTECTION FOR OLDER WORKERS The California Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals age 40 and older with respect to hiring, suspension, demotion and termination of employment.
3, 2003 California Becomes Fourth State to Protect Transgender People From Discrimination Yesterday, California Governor Gray Davis signed AB 196, a bill amending the California Fair Employment and Housing Act to specifically include transgender employees and tenants.
While the Fair Employment and Housing Act, on which this case was based, generally governs in California, the federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination against workers between the ages of 40 and 65, including discrimination in terms and conditions of employment.
In Adams, plaintiff Saint Clair Adams filed a discrimination claim against Circuit City under California's Fair Employment and Housing Act.
The filing of a charge with the EEOC and the state agency is required before the filing of a lawsuit under Title VII of federal Civil Rights laws or California's Fair Employment and Housing Act.