12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Australian biotechnology company, Novogen Limited (ASX: NRT; NASDAQ: NVGN), today announced receipt of funding from the FSHD Global Research Foundation as part of the Company's efforts to find effective treatments for a range of musculo-degenerative diseases including facioscapulohumeral dystrophy (FSHD).
What does FSH stand for?
FSH stands for Facioscapulohumeral
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSH
We have 106 other meanings of FSH in our Acronym Attic
- Focal Segmental Glomerular Sclerosis and Hyalinosis
- Formol Sucrose/Gum Sucrose/Paraffin
- Fédération Sportive et Gymnique du Travail (French sports association)
- Flight Sergeant
- Foundation for Sexual Grounding Therapy
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver (Canada)
- Fast Shutting Gate Valve
- Flight Sim Ground Vehicles (flight simulation website)
- Family Service of Greater Waterbury, Inc.
- Folklore Society of Greater Washington (US District of Columbia)
- Family Separation Housing
- File System Hierarchy (computer programming; Linux)
- Final Solutions Holdings Pty Ltd (Sanctuary Cove, QLD, Australia)
- Fiona Stanley Hospital (Australia)
- Flag Staff House
- Florida Scenic Highway
- Folded Spherical Helix
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- Fonds de Solidarité Habitat (French: Housing Solidarity Fund)
- Fonds Social de l'Habitat (French: Social Housing Fund; New Caledonia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Control of the upper body movements during level walking in patients with facioscapulohumeral dystrophy.
14 Comorbid Conditions Number (%) Cerebral Palsy 21 (28) Familial Dysautonomia 10 (14) Other * 43 (58) * Includes Asperger's syndrome, Autistic-like behavior with scoliosis, Congenital encephalopathy, Congenitial insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (HSAN type IV), Duchene muscular dystrophy, Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy, Muscular Dystrophy, Paraplegia secondary to spinal cord tumor resection, Polio, Prader-Willi, Rett's Syndrome, Seizure Disorder, Spina bifida, Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2, Syndromic scoliosis, Unspecified neuromuscular disorder, and VATER.
Henry Langen, 59, from Narberth has Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSH) which he discovered he had in his late 20s and faced a lack of advice and support.
The disease, facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, known as FSHD, is one of the most common forms of muscular dystrophy.
Brachial plexopathy following thoracoscapular fusion in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy Physical Therapy 2008 88: 105-113 http://www.
Five common types of MD are Becker MD (BMD), Duchenne MD (DMD), Limb-Girdle MD (LGMD), Facioscapulohumeral MD (FSHD), and Myotonic MD (MMD) (Chert, 2001; Livneh & Antonak, 1997).