Facilitated communication involves holding the hand of paralysed but conscious patients above a computer keyboard as a medical assistant taps the relevant letters when they observe any minute pressure.
What does FC stand for?
FC stands for Facilitated Communication
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of FC
We have 109 other meanings of FC in our Acronym Attic
- Finance Bank Zambia, Ltd.
- Flying Battery Zone (gaming, Sonic & Knuckles)
- Fonds Voor de Beroepsziekten (Dutch: Fund for Occupational Diseases; Belgium)
- Form-Based Zoning (alternative zoning codes)
- Free Blocking Zone (football)
- Functional Border Zone
- (USN Rating) Fire Controlman
- Brothers of Charity (religious order)
- Civic Forum (Central African Republic)
- Face of Curb
Samples in periodicals archive:
com Nonconscious Movements: From Mystical Messages to Facilitated Communication by Herman H.
Facilitated communication was developed in Australia in the 1970s and was brought to the United States in the 1980s.