Byline: BY JIM CLARKE FAS chiefs who flew first class at the State's expense when they were not entitled to will not be forced to refund the country for their luxury travel.
What does FIRE1 stand for?
FIRE1 stands for FAS (Fatty Acid Synthase) Insulin-Responsive Element 1
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Forensic Incident Response Environment (bootable CD for the repair of dead systems)
- Forensic Institute for Research and Education (est. 2006; Middle Tennessee State University)
- Forms, Interfaces, Reports and Enhancements
- Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, Inc.
- Fragmenting IP (Internet-Protocol) Realtime Engine (Network Peripherals)
- Full Integrated Robotized Engine
- Fusion Ignition Research Experiment
- Future Intelligence Requirements Environment (US DoD)
- Future Internet Research and Experimentation (EU Initiative)
- First ISCCP Regional Experiment (Phase 2)
- Fire Detection and Suppression Simulation
- Florida Interdisciplinary Learning Resources in Environmental Education
- Finnish Institute for Russian and East European Studies (Helsinki, Finland)
- Flexible Fire Support System
- Field Resource Management System (Hewlett Packard internal call-logging system)
- Foundation for Interdisciplinary Research and Education Promoting Animal Welfare (Houston, TX)
- Fire Protection Analysis (emergency preparedness)
- Fire Equipment Status Product (WCCS)
- Facilities, Infrastructure and Engineering Systems
- Facts, Incidents, Reasons, Examples, and Statistics (mnemonic for essential elements of essay writing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FAS is caused by prenatal exposure to alcohol and includes some or all of the following features: facial dysmorphism, prenatal and/or postnatal growth retardation, and neurological, cognitive and behavioural abnormalities.
FAS expression correlated with high grade disease and was an independent prognostic indicator.
Under FAS 123(R), Entity X recognizes $10,000 of compensation cost ratably over the three-year service period--if Jones remains with the company.
For its Changing Time--Looking Closer at FAS project which provides training opportunities and raises public awareness about the impact of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS).
On May 31, 1977 Americans met Melissa--the first child with FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) to appear on network television news, in this case, the NBC Evening News with David Brinkley.
Although statistics vary on how much alcohol it takes to harm a fetus, Roberts points out that FAS ``is 100 percent preventable.
Enter FAS 106 The rules governing financial reporting are set by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), a quasi-governmental body of seven accounting industry representatives.