What is unusual is the fact that they orbit such an extremely metal-poor and, in particular, such a very old star
What does EMP stand for?
EMP stands for Extremely Metal-Poor (stars)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMP
We have 246 other meanings of EMP in our Acronym Attic
- Excessive Multiple Posting
- Exchange Market Pressure (economics)
- Executive Master’s Program
- Exhibit Management Program
- Experience Music Project
- Experimentation Master Plan
- Extended Megaco Package
- Extensible Messaging Platform (Novell)
- Externat Médico Pédagogique (French: Medical Teaching Clerkship)
- Extramedullary Plasmacytoma
- EPO (Erythropoietin)-Mimetic Peptide 1
- Epithelial Membrane Protein 2
- Epithelial Membrane Protein 3
- Emergency Medical Profile 4 Emergency Medical Services
- East Midlands Property Alliance (UK)
- Easy Meal Prep Association
- Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und ForschungsAnstalt (Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research)
- Einmal mit Profis Arbeiten (German: Once Working with Professionals)
- Electron Microprobe Analysis
- Emergency Management Planning and Assistance (US FEMA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics are the evolution and nucleo-synthesis of extremely metal-poor AGB stars, the second release of the Torun Catalogue of galactic post-AGB stars, double chemistry in galactic bulge planetary nebulae, and the role of AGB stars in the global gas and dust budget of the Large Magellanic cloud.
Lorenzo Monaco (ESO, Chile), also involved in the study, indicated, "The star we have studied is extremely metal-poor, meaning it is very primitive.