Diversi sono i fattori di rischio alla nascita che predispongono i prematuri allo sviluppo di disabilita, quali: la somministrazione di ventilazione meccanica prolungata (9); la presenza di patologie respiratorie come la Displasia Bronco Polmonare (BPD) (10), la cui incidenza aumenta di pari passo all'aumento della sopravvivenza dei prematuri Extremely Low Birth Weight (ELBW, di peso inferiore ai 1000 gr.
What does ELBW stand for?
ELBW stands for Extremely Low Birth Weight
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Eye-Level Blood Pressure
- Extended Low Band Radome (ALQ-99)
- Environmental Lifecycle of Buildings Research Unit (now known as Centre for Sustainability of the Built Environment; UK)
- East London Budgerigar Society
- East London Business School (UK)
- Eleven Little Black Squares (Looney Labs product)
- Elite Legal Billing System (accounting)
- English Language Book Society
- Environmental and Land Based Science
- European Lyssa Bat Virus (rabies virus)
- Extreme-Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- East London Black Women Organisation (London, UK)
- Elaborate Bytes (software company)
- E-Learning Credit (Department for Education and Skills; UK)
- Early Learning Centre (UK)
- Early Learning Coalition
- East Lothian Council (UK)
- Eastern Luzon College (Philippines)
- Easy Logistics Center (software)
- École des Langues et Cultures (French: School of Languages and Cultures)
Samples in periodicals archive:
] Kirpalani H, Whyte RK, Andersen C, et al The Premature Infants in Need of Transfusion (PINT) study: A randomized, controlled trial of a restrictive (low) versus liberal (high) transfusion threshold for extremely low birth weight infants.
Extremely low birth weight infants frequently require invasive ventilator support at birth.
Washington, Dec 02 (ANI): A new study by a Michigan State University economist found that most survivors of extremely low birth weight grow up to become productive adults.
A national short-term follow-up study of extremely low birth weight infants born in Finland in 1996-1997.
It's nice that we can have babies survive at extremely low birth weights, but what's important is how these babies ultimately live," he said.
The use of aggressive phototherapy significantly reduces neurodevelopmental impairment such as cerebral palsy, blindness, deafness or physical or mental problems in extremely low birth weight premature infants, according to researchers.
Texas Children's Hospital captured second place for their work in preventing surgical infections, while Children's Hospital of Orange County received third place for improving the outcomes of extremely low birth weight infants.