The film, up for six awards, is pitted against The Artist, The Descendants, Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close, The Help, Hugo, Midnight In Paris, Moneyball and The Tree Of Life.
What does ELIC stand for?
ELIC stands for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran book)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ELIC
We have 9 other meanings of ELIC in our Acronym Attic
- Enzyme Linked Immunotransfer Blot Technique (parasitic diseases)
- Eastern Long Island Bowling Association (New York)
- English Language Institute of the Bay Area (California)
- Enzyme-Linked Immunological and Biological Assays (molecular biology)
- Early Literacy Inservice Course (various locations)
- East Library and Information Center (Colorado Springs, CO)
- East London Inventors Club (UK)
- English Language Institute/China
- Equip de Llengua, Interculturalitat I Cohesió Social (Catalan: Computer Language, Multiculturalism and Social Cohesion)
- Executive Life Insurance Company (California)
- Enzyme-Linked Immuno-Culture Assay
- Enzyme-Linked Immuno-Cell Adhesion Assay
- Étude Linguistique de la Communication Parlée (French: Linguistics Study of Speech Communication; Catholic University of Leuven; Leuven, Belgium)
- English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students
- Electronics, Informatics and Computer Science (RAS-MSU Center)
- Electronic Interference Countermeasures Techniques
- Enzymatic Luminometric Inorganic Pyrophosphate Detection Assay
- Ethiopian Livestock Development Company
- Extension Language for Iterative Design Encoding (Java language software)
- East London Industrial Development Zone (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Best Picture The nominees: 'The Artist' The Descendants Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close The Help Hugo Midnight in Paris Moneyball The Tree of Life War Horse WINNER: Should win --None of the films.
EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE Cert 12A, 129mins ** Starring: Thomas Horn, Max von Sydow, Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks A boy resolves to solve a puzzle he believes was left behind by his father, who died on 9/11.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is essentially a story of redemption - for Oskar, for his elderly accomplice, for people he meets along the way - told with a mixture of magic and mawkish sentimentality.
Bullock said that she was persuaded to return to acting by director Stephen Daldry who wanted her to appear opposite Tom Hanks in the drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
Jonathan Safran Foer's post-9/11 novel, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, has a nine-year-old narrator, but he is made a peculiar polymath in order to widen his narrative possibilities.
95 The plot of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close hinges on a mysterious key.
EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE BY JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER NEW YORK: HOUGHTON MIFFLIN.