For "Life of Pi" and "Beasts of the Southern Wild," the nominiastion is probably recognition enough (we hope so - because they are both extreme long shots.
What does XLS stand for?
XLS stands for Extreme Long Shot (cinematography)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XLS
We have 5 other meanings of XLS in our Acronym Attic
- X-Linked Recessive Ichthyosis (genetic disorder)
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (India)
- Xavier Labour Research Institute (India)
- Extra Long Run Male (audio connector)
- X-Linked Retinitis Pigmentosa (retinal disease)
- X-linked Retinitis Pigmentosa 2
- X-linked juvenile retinoschisis
- Executive Leadership Seminar
- Extended Loyalty System (Welcome Real-time; software)
- Extra Long Shot (cinematography)
- Filename Extension (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file)
- Xenon Light Source
- Xtra Long Stroke (subwoofers)
- X-Linked Sideroblastic Anemia
- Xbox Live Server Platform (video game system; Microsoft)
- Xtreme Lean Sport Riders (Washington state)
- Xenon Light Source System
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation
- Excel Switching (former stock symbol; now delisted)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first set of killings takes place in extreme long shot, the second almost entirely offscreen--although, granted, the sounds of struggle and choked surprise are horrifying in themselves.
It's an extreme long shot - almost like winning the lottery to get in.
Smith missed three of Oregon's last four games with a knee injury, and would seem an extreme long shot for the award as college football's top player.
As long as the standard model was unchallenged in its assertion that neutrinos were massless, the search for neutrinoless double-beta decay was considered an extreme long shot.
North County trailed by five runs entering the top of the sixth, and Auburn reliever Tyler Beede had retired the side in order in the fifth (with two strikeouts), so a rally seemed an extreme long shot.
Even if Toshack can start with a bang in his first two competitive fixtures - Wales take on Austria again in Vienna on Wednesday - qualification would still be an extreme long shot.
Former Texas Rangers utility player Warren Newson or youngsters Hiram Bocachica and Kevin Gibbs could make runs at the position but are extreme long shots, especially since Hubbard is coming off his best season.