For "Life of Pi" and "Beasts of the Southern Wild," the nominiastion is probably recognition enough (we hope so - because they are both extreme long shots.
What does ELS stand for?
ELS stands for Extreme Long Shot (cinematography)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELS
We have 237 other meanings of ELS in our Acronym Attic
- Expeditionary Learning School
- Expeditionary Logistics Squadron (USAF)
- Experiential Learning Service (University of Ottawa; Canada)
- Experimental Licensing System (FCC)
- Expertise Location Systems
- Expositions Logistique Services (French transportation company)
- Extended Linguistic Service (Windows programming)
- Extended Link Service
- Extra Long Staple (cotton)
- Extraterrestrial Living-Metal Shape-Shifter (fictional alien species)
- Earth and Life Systems Alliance (UK)
- Economic Research and Financial Analysis
- Electrical Safety (conference)
- Electron Stretcher and Accelerator (Physics Institute, Bonn University)
- Electronic Library Services and Applications
- Emergency Level Scale Assessment
- Empirically Lossless Switch Architecture
- Employment, Labour and Social Affairs (various organizations)
- Endoluminal Laser System Ablation
- English Language Services for Adults
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first set of killings takes place in extreme long shot, the second almost entirely offscreen--although, granted, the sounds of struggle and choked surprise are horrifying in themselves.
It's an extreme long shot - almost like winning the lottery to get in.
Smith missed three of Oregon's last four games with a knee injury, and would seem an extreme long shot for the award as college football's top player.
As long as the standard model was unchallenged in its assertion that neutrinos were massless, the search for neutrinoless double-beta decay was considered an extreme long shot.
North County trailed by five runs entering the top of the sixth, and Auburn reliever Tyler Beede had retired the side in order in the fifth (with two strikeouts), so a rally seemed an extreme long shot.
Even if Toshack can start with a bang in his first two competitive fixtures - Wales take on Austria again in Vienna on Wednesday - qualification would still be an extreme long shot.
Former Texas Rangers utility player Warren Newson or youngsters Hiram Bocachica and Kevin Gibbs could make runs at the position but are extreme long shots, especially since Hubbard is coming off his best season.