Abnormalities of intravascular volume cannot be accurately measured using haematocrit or static preload indicators (central venous pressure or pulmonary artery occlusion pressure) (5), and therefore some authors have used the intrathoracic blood volume index (ITBVI) and the extravascular lung water index (EVLWI), obtained using the transpulmonary thermodilution technique (6,7).
What does EVLW stand for?
EVLW stands for Extravascular Lung Water
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Ethernet Virtual Leased Line (computer networking)
- Exit-Voice-Loyalty-Neglect (behavioural model; psychology)
- Education Volume License Program
- Ex-Vivo Lung Perfusion
- Evesham Vale Light Railway (UK)
- Elimination Voltammetry with Linear Scan
- Evanescent Wave Light-Scattering Microscopy
- Emergency Vacation Leave Sharing Program (Hurricane Katrina relief)
- Eagle Valley Land Trust (est. 1981; nature preservation; Avon, CO)
- Endovenous Laser Treatment
- Earned Value Management
- Earth Viewing Module (spacecraft)
- Eaton Vance Management (California)
- Economic Value Management
- Ei Voi Muistaa (Finnish: Can't Remember)
- Électricité Verte du Marsan (French: Green Electricity from Marsan; Marsan, France)
- Electronic Voltmeter
- Electronic Voting Machine
- Engineering Verification Model
- Ensemble Vocal de Meylan (French vocal ensemble)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PULSION's core PiCCO technology can deliver cardiac output, stroke volume, cardiac volume responsiveness, systemic vascular pressure, and even extravascular lung water within ten minutes of the initial insertion of the arterial catheter.
intrathoracic blood volume (ITBV), extravascular lung water (EVLW) and continuous C.