The EPOXI -- its full name is Extrasolar Planet Observation and Deep Impact Extended Investigation -- reached the Hartley 2 after a 2.
What does EPOXI stand for?
EPOXI stands for Extrasolar Planet Observation and Deep Impact Extended Investigation (US NASA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Ethics, Politics & Technology (nonprofit nongovernmental technology transfer organization)
- Environment Photographer of the Year (Adobe Systems, Inc.)
- Enemalta Professional Officers Union (Ireland)
- Exotic Pet Owners Uniting
- Early Power Off Warning
- Ecology Picture of the Week (website)
- Emergency Power Off Warning (computing)
- Enemy Prisoner of War
- European Pathway to Zero Waste (environmental project; UK)
- Epoxide Hydrolase, Microsomal Xenobiotic
- Enlisted Persons of the Year (Coast Guard award)
- Epidemiological Prevention Study of Zoetermeer
- Easy Payment Plan
- École de Psychologues Praticiens (French: School Psychologist Practitioners)
- Education and Public Policy (various schools)
- Education Policy and Practice (various organizations)
- Education Provider Program (various organizations)
- Education Purchase Plan (Adobe)
- Educational Partnership Program (NOAA)
- Educator Preparation Program (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The probe -- its full name Extrasolar Planet Observation and Deep Impact Extended Investigation -- began its mission in 2005 with a scientific first by dropping a projectile on comet Tempel-1 to study the plume it lifted off its surface.