A Guide to the Extrapyramidal Side-effects of Antipsychotic Drug.
What does EPSE stand for?
EPSE stands for Extrapyramidal Side-Effects (antipsychotic medications)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPSE
We have 7 other meanings of EPSE in our Acronym Attic
- European Panel for Sustainable Development (EU strategy review group; London, England, UK)
- Event Processing Start Date (Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation)
- English Prison Service Darts Association
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Early Prevention, Screening, Detection and Treatment (illness program)
- Earth and Planetary Science Express (covers current articles in Elsevier Science Journals)
- Educational Psychology and Special Education
- Etablissements Publics Socio-Educatifs (French: Socio-Educational Public Institutions)
- European Polycarbonate Sheet Extruders (est. 2003; Brussels, Belgium)
- Executive Program for Scientists and Engineers (University of California, San Diego)
- El Paso Solar Energy Association
- European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference
- Environmental Protection Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Equal Probability of Selection Method
- Effective Provision for Special Educational Needs (report; UK)
- Endoscopic Plastic Surgery Educational Seminars (California)
- Epilepsy Psycho-Social Effects Scale
- Early Prevention of School Failure (education program)
- Effective Point-Spread Function
- Egyptian Pharmaceutical Students' Federation (est. 1982)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The widely promoted lower risk of extrapyramidal side-effects of 'atypical' antipsychotics must be balanced against their other adverse effects (Table I).
Breakthrough therapeutics discovered in the 1960s and 1970s were soon found to produce serious side-effects, most notably involuntary muscular responses, referred to as extrapyramidal side-effects (EPS).