29, was no longer considered a hurricane when it struck; its status had been reduced to and extra-tropical cyclone by the time it struck the Eastern seaboard.
What does ETC stand for?
ETC stands for Extra-Tropical Cyclone (meteorology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ETC
We have 491 other meanings of ETC in our Acronym Attic
- Exchange Terminal Circuit (Sprint)
- Exchange-Traded Commodities (UK)
- Expanding the Circle (various organizations)
- Experimental Television Center (Owego, NY)
- Experimental Theatre Club (University of Oxford; UK)
- Export Trading Company
- Exportable Training Capability (US DoD)
- Exportable Training Center
- Extended Teaching Care (various locations)
- Extended Tree Collapsing
- European Topic Centre on Air Quality
- European Topic Centre on Catalogue of Data Sources
- European Topic Centre on Land Use and Spatial Information
- European Topic Centre on Terrestrial Environment (also seen as ETCTE)
- European Topic Centre/Catalogue of Data Sources
- East Tennessee College Alliance
- East Texas Christian Academy (Tyler, TX)
- Education & Training Course Announcements
- Emergency Terrain Clearance Altitude
- European Tour Caddies Association (Surrey, England)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some strengthening is forecast, and Igor is likely to become an intense extra-tropical cyclone later today," the NHC said in a bulletin.
Dr David Stephenson, climatologist at the department of meteorology from the University of Reading, said the storm could be described as an extra-tropical cyclone.
Much of the growth is occurring in regions such as the United States and Asia, which have significant earthquake and tropical cyclone hazard, and Europe, which has significant earthquake and extra-tropical cyclone hazard.
landfall just west of Gulf Shores, Alabama, and then re-forming into a tropical cyclone to make another pass through the Gulf after becoming an extra-tropical cyclone off of the U.
This real-time posting for a European extra-tropical cyclone is an important advancement in the field of catastrophe modeling," said Karen Clark, President of AIR.