On April 1, 1999, The HSUS took steps to protect the health of farm animals and human consumers by filing a lawsuit against the FDA for expanding extra-label drug use in farm animals for "preventive" purposes.
What does ELDU stand for?
ELDU stands for Extra-Label Drug Use (aka off-label drug use; veterinary medicine; Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity
- Early Learning and Development Standards
- Educationally Less Developed States (Nigeria)
- Electric Launcher Drive System
- Embedded Linux Developer Suite (software)
- Enhanced Laser Diode Spectroscopy (open path gas detection; Senscient, Ltd.)
- Equipment Logistics Data Sheet
- Exchange Line Data Service
- Edward Lam Dance Theatre (Hong Kong)
- Experiential Learning Design Team (National 4-H)
- Estée Lauder Double Wear (cosmetics)
- European Lightning Detection Workshop (meteorology conference)
- European Local Democracy Week
- East London Development Zone Corporation
- E-Learning Environment (various locations)
- Emergency Lighting Equipment
- Energy, Land and Environment Sector (New Zealand Treasury)
- Engine Life Expectancy
- Entreprises Locales d'Energie (French: Local Energy Businesses)
- Entry Level Employee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Veterinary Medical Association is currently campaigning to make extra-label drug use legal for veterinarians.