Only time will tell whether that decrease in inflammation will translate into reduced joint damage in RA patients even into decreased risk for extra-articular manifestations of the disease, including cardiovascular disease, lung disease and eye disease.
What does EAM stand for?
EAM stands for Extra-Articular Manifestation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EAM
We have 117 other meanings of EAM in our Acronym Attic
- European Academy of Management (conference)
- Evan Aston Martin (industrial design firm; Seattle, WA)
- Executable Architecture Model
- Executive Account Manager
- Executive Asset Management
- Executive Assistant Manager (various companies)
- Extended Answer Message (CCS #7 & ITU-T)
- External Analog Modulation (Agilent)
- External Asset Manager
- External Auditory Meatus (ear anatomy)
- Extranet Access Management
- Extraprise Activity Management (Trisect)
- School of English and American Studies (Sussex University, UK)
- East Anglian Motor Auctions (UK)
- École d'Arts Martiaux des Alpilles (French martial arts school)
- Egyptian Automobile Manufacturers Association
- Emerging Applications and Many-Core Architecture (workshop)
- Engineering and Machinery Alliance (UK)
- Etats Africains et Malgache Associés (French: Associates African States and the Malagasy)
- European Academy for Medicine of Ageing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rheumatoid arthritis in Spain: occurrence of extra-articular manifestations and estimates of disease severity.
Special investigations These are useful for establishing the diagnosis (auto-antibodies/uric acid), quantifying inflammation (CRP/ESR), screening for drug toxicity (LFT, FBC), extra-articular manifestations, as seen in RA and SLE, CPK if you suspect idiopathic inflammatory myopathy (IIM).
Rheumatoid factor and anticitrullinated protein antibodies in rheumatoid arthritis: diagnostic value, associations with radiological progression rate, and extra-articular manifestations.
5 percent) psoriasis, 84 (10 percent) IBD and 42 (5 percent) had more than one extra-articular manifestation.
Rheumatoid pachymeningitis usually, but not exclusively, occurs in patients with long-standing rheumatoid arthritis characterized by erosive disease and extra-articular manifestations, although the systemic disease may be quiescent when neurologic complications arise.
The extra-articular manifestations of the two diseases are different as well.
Extra-articular manifestations (EAM) occur, especially in patients with long-standing RA.