The advisability of using external casing packers, in addition to cement, to seal certain annuli should also be considered," he added.
What does ECP stand for?
ECP stands for External Casing Packer (oil and gas industry)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECP
We have 419 other meanings of ECP in our Acronym Attic
- Exercise Control Plan
- Expected Coverage Plan
- Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Export Control Program
- Exposed Conductive Part
- Extended Capabilities Port (type of parallel port)
- Extended Care Paramedic (NSW, Australia)
- Extended Care Physicians (Asheville, NC)
- Extended Care Program (various organizations)
- Extended Cutting Plane
- External Compliance Plan
- External Counterpulsation
- Extracorporeal Photophoresis (dermatology)
- Eye Care Practitioner
- Eye Care Professional
- Eye Care Provider
- Les Enfants et Les Chemins de fer en Provence (French: Children and Railways in Provence; elementary school contest)
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (Panama City, FL)
- Effective Core Potential Augmented by Core Polarization Potential
- Engineering Change Proposal-Software
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system utilizes external casing packers, a hydraulic activated frac port and a series of sleeves to selectively open zones.
The Australia II well was previously drilled to a total measured depth of 14,972 feet and completed with a 4 inch liner equipped with 15 external casing packers.
The forward plan is to run a 4 and u inch liner equipped with external casing packers so that the well can be stimulated in 15 stages, which would involve the placement of approximately 3,000,000 pounds of proppant into the Niobrara Formation.
The forward plan at that point would be to run a 4 and u inch liner equipped with external casing packers such that the well can be stimulated in 15 stages, which would involve the placement of approximately 3,000,000 pounds of proppant into the Niobrara Formation.
Both wells are planned to be drilled as 4,500 foot laterals and then fracture stimulated using a multi stage, external casing packer completion technique.
Both wells are planned to be drilled as 4,500 foot laterals in the middle Bakken formation and then fracture stimulated using a multi stage, external casing packer completion technique.
6% working interest) The Gene #1-22H well located in Williams County, North Dakota was drilled as a 5,500 foot horizontal in the Middle Bakken Formation and was completed with a series of external casing packers such that a "plug and perf", 16 stage fracture stimulation can be undertaken.