0 implementation include: * Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)-Enterprise and stronger authentication based on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to solve security and usability issues of hotspots * IEEE 802.
What does EAP stand for?
EAP stands for Extensible Authentication Protocol (PPP)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EAP
We have 304 other meanings of EAP in our Acronym Attic
- European Academy of Paediatrics
- European Association of Psychotherapy
- Event Action Plan (various organizations)
- Evoked Action Potential
- Evolutionary Acquisition Phase(s)
- Expanded Access Program (FDA)
- Expected A Posteriori
- Experimental Activity Proposal
- Experimental Aircraft Program
- Expertise en Affaires Publiques (French: Expertise in Public Affairs)
- Externally Aided Projects (India)
- Office of Environmental Assurance, Permits, and Policy
- Extensible Authentication Protocol - Authentication and Key Agreement
- Environmental Assessment Programme for Asia and the Pacific (of UNEP)
- Emergency Action Procedures of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (US DoD)
- East Asia and Pacific Environmental Initiative
- Extensible Authentication Protocol-Flexible Authentication Via Secure Tunneling (Cisco)
- Emergency Action Procedures-Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Office of Environmental Assurance, Permits, and Policy - Regulatory Policy, Planning, and Analysis Staff
- Office of Environmental Assurance, Permits, and Policy - Regulatory Permits Bureau
Samples in periodicals archive:
1X authentication types, including extensible authentication protocol, Cisco extensible authentication protocol (LEAP), and extensible authentication protocol transport layer security, Today, the hospital system uses Cisco LEAP technology to provide dynamic, session-specific wireless encryption keys, central user administration and mutual authentication between clients and access points.
With the release earlier this year of the Light Extensible Authentication Protocol from Cisco (www.
lt;p>The devices now support the extensible authentication protocol used in Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2 wireless networks.
1x, works in conjunction with extensible authentication protocol (EAP) to transmit traffic to and from authentication servers.
AUSTIN, Texas, April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wi-Fi Alliance has added four new widely deployed Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types to its Wi-Fi Protected Access-(WPA(TM)) and WPA2(TM)-Enterprise certification programs.
The AAA Service Controller features specific support for mobile WiMAX including supplementary authentication protocols such as Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
AirDefense recorded another 33 advanced attacks that exploited the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), which also includes attacks against Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP).