The NI Digital Video Analyzer also supports HDMI protocol tests including InfoFrames, consumer electronics control (CEC) messaging, extended display identification data (EDID) emulation and hot plug detect (HPD) events.
What does EDID stand for?
EDID stands for Extended Display Identification Data
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDID
We have 2 other meanings of EDID in our Acronym Attic
- Epsom Downs Integrated Care Services (UK NHS)
- Electronic Dictionary (Jim Breen's Japanese-English dictionary)
- Electronic Document Image Capture and Transfer (software)
- Eliminating Disparities in Clinical Trials
- European Drug Initiative on Channels and Transporters (EU)
- Evaluation and Demonstration of Innovative City Transport (research project; EU)
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of the United States of America
- Électronique Dépannage Informatique a Votre Domicile (French computer repair company)
- Endothelial-Derived Inhibitor of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) Degradation
- European Depression in Diabetes Research Consortium (est. 2001)
- Easy Does It Disability Assistance (Berkeley, CA)
- Elle Deco International Design Award
- Electronic Data Interchange for Documents
- Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (FDIC)
- Environmental Data Interactive Exchange
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Education
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) for the Electricity Industry (extension to EDI for data interchange in the electricty market)
- Edifício (Building; Brazil)
- Electronic Data Interchange Format
- Electronic Design Interchange Format
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using this LSI in digital TVs enables high-speed factory programming of Extended Display Identification Data EDID display data, and in addition facilitates reduction of overall production costs by lessening the number of parts required and reducing mounting space that was previously necessary.
An integrated microcontroller provides interface and system control - a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus connects to external memory for firmware and VESA Extended Display Identification Data (EDID).