only many years later did computer programmers take other languages and scripts into account with extended character sets.
What does ECS stand for?
ECS stands for Extended Character Set
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ECS
We have 608 other meanings of ECS in our Acronym Attic
- Expeditionary Combat Support
- Expeditionary Communications Squadron
- Experimental Control System/Station
- Expert Consulting Service (various organizations)
- Expertise Conseil Solutions (French: Expert Consulting Solutions)
- Expidetionary Combat School (US Navy)
- Export Control System
- Express Computer Service (various locations)
- Extended Campus Service
- Extended Case Study (education; science)
- Extended Continental Shelf (est. 2003)
- Extended Core Storage
- Extended Customer Service
- Exterior Communications System
- External Computer System
- External Customer Support
- Extra Cash Systems (website)
- Sucre (former currency of Ecuador; now EUR)
- Edmonton Classification System for Cancer Pain (oncology)
- Energy-Corrected Sudden-Exponential Polynomial
Samples in periodicals archive:
The product is also the first to offer multilingual capabilities with extended character sets, including Chinese and Japanese.
Pro fonts also offer an extended character set supporting most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
Pro fonts offer an extended character set that supports most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
Pro fonts also offer an extended character set that supports most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
OpenType Pro fonts also offer an extended character set to support most central European and many eastern European languages.
ITC New Esprit Pro fonts provide an extended character set to support the English and Romance languages, in addition to most Central European and Eastern European languages.
Monotype Imaging's fonts that are a part of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 are based on the OpenType([R]) font format, which offer an extended character set to support the English and Romance languages, as well as most Central European and Eastern European languages.