Mark has been a key contributor to many of the seminal research and scientific papers in genomics, including the first papers on Expressed Sequence Tags (ESTs), the sequence of the fruit fly and the first draft of the human genome.
What does EST stand for?
EST stands for Expressed Sequence Tag
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EST
We have 267 other meanings of EST in our Acronym Attic
- Estonian (language)
- European Society for Translation Studies
- Evaluation Summary Table
- Evangelical School of Theology (various locations)
- Everyone Stand Together (lyric)
- Everyone Stand Together (Machine Gun Kelly lyric)
- Evolutionary Structural Testing
- Executive Steering Committee
- Exercise Stress Test (aka treadmill test)
- Exercise Study (EU, UN)
- Estimated Completion Date
- Earth Science Teachers' Association (UK)
- Ecole Supérieure des Techniques Aérospatiales (Paris, France)
- École Supérieure des Techniques Avancées (Fench: High School of Advanced Technologies; Burkina Faso)
- École Supérieure des Technologies et des Affaires (French: Graduate School of Business and Technology)
- Education in Stage and Theatre Arts (UK)
- Egyptian Science and Technology Abstracts
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (Department of Homeland Security)
- En-route Support Team Advanced
- Enemy Situation-Threat Advisor
Samples in periodicals archive:
To produce the draft map, the WCMC-Q researchers used a next generation sequencing approach, which Malek says offers data quality between that of the expressed sequence tag (EST) method and the traditional whole-genome mapping method.
9781588297594 Expressed sequence tags (ESTs); generation and analysis.
In addition, ArborGen and one of its investors, New Zealand-based Rubicon, have licensed their pine and eucalyptus Expressed Sequence Tags (EST) DNA databases to further the Scion discovery program and commercial relationship between the two entities.
Analysis of expressed sequence tags indicates 35,000 human genes.
They identified DNA sequences known as expressed sequence tags (ESTs), which derive from active genes in tissue.
This work was based on a concept using expressed sequence tags that he developed while working at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
The curated public data included in the database contain information on protein and nucleic acid sequences, expressed sequence tags, clones, publications and patents.