an associate scientist in the Division of Neuroscience at OHSU's Oregon National Primate Research Center, induced mice to contract a disease called experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, or EAE, which is very similar to MS in humans.
What does EAE stand for?
EAE stands for Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EAE
We have 88 other meanings of EAE in our Acronym Attic
- Enzootic Abortion in Ewes
- Espace Agir Ensemble (French: Space Act Ensemble; youth business creation)
- Ethyl Acetate Extract
- Étudiant avec Aménagement des Études (French: Student with Development Studies)
- Evaluación Ambiental Estratéjica (Spanish: Strategic Environmental Assessment)
- Everything About Everything (blog)
- Evolutionary Approach to Electromagnetics
- Executive Articles Editor
- Expected Adverse Event
- Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis
- Express Auto Exchange
- East Allen Educators Association
- Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority (nuclear energy)
- Enquête et Analyse des Événements Accidentels (French: Survey and Analysis of Accidental Events; Canada)
- Entretien Annuel d'Evaluation et d'Accompagnement (French: Annual Performance Evaluation and Monitoring)
- European Architectural Endoscopy Association (imaging)
- European Arts and Entertainment Alliance
- European Assembly Elections Act (UK)
- European Association for the Education of Adults
- Eastern Africa Epidemiological Block (World Health Organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Th17, and Th9 effector cells induce experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis with different pathological phenotypes.
Mice of one overexpressing line develop spontaneous myelin pathology, mice of a second line develop experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) of exacerbated severity in response to immunization with myelin protein, while in mice of a third line, no pathology is evident.
NASDAQ:HEPH) has announced data from a preclinical study demonstrating that HE2500, an investigational immune regulating hormone, significantly reduces ongoing paralysis and accelerates recovery from experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a preclinical model that mimics multiple sclerosis (MS) in humans.
Raine and his co-workers knew that healthy guinea pigs injected with spinal-cord tissue develop a progressive, myelin-demolishing central nervous system disorder called experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
Study results from trials designed to determine the neuroprotective effects of treatment with COPAXONE([R]) (glatiramer acetate injection) in two different experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) models.
In the autoimmune model, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) was induced in 6-week-old mice using myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG)35-55 peptide.
Rhonda Voskuhl , is a widely recognized expert in the study of the immunology of MS, working both with MS patients' blood immune cells as well as with the mouse model of MS, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE).