This expeditionary air defense system will complement current Marine Corps Avenger-based systems by providing beyond visual range air defense against cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles and other advanced threats.
What does EADS stand for?
EADS stands for Expeditionary Air Defense System (USMC)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EADS
We have 24 other meanings of EADS in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Animal Disease Response Agreement (Australia)
- Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Centre (NATO)
- Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Unit
- Eastern Air Defense Sector
- Echelons Above Division Study
- Embedded Asynchronous Data Stream
- Engineering Analysis & Data System
- Enhanced Access Diversity Service
- Environmental Assessment Data System
- European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company N.V.
- Extended Air Defense Systems
- Enhanced Apple Digital Sound Chip
- Extended Air Defense Simulation
- European Agency for Development in Special Needs Education
- Energy Asset Decision Support System
- East Anglian Daily Times (UK newspaper)
- Exploits of an Amateur Dog Trainer (blog)
- Extended Air Defense Testbed
- Extended Air Defence Task Force (NATO)
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities
Samples in periodicals archive:
Marine Corps as part of its Expeditionary Air Defense System ("EADS").
The Marine Corps' missile defense capability includes an AN/TPS-59 (V)3 radar for long range detection and tracking of TBM's and the Expeditionary Air Defense System, EADS.