9 (Xinhua-ANI): Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Chairman of Iran's Expediency Discernment Council, said that Israel would never be able to launch an attack against Iran without United States' assistance, Tehran Times daily reported Tuesday.
What does EDC stand for?
EDC stands for Expediency Discernment Council (Iran)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDC
We have 361 other meanings of EDC in our Acronym Attic
- Europees Documentatie Centrum
- Éveil De Contres (French badminton club)
- Every Day Carry (knife collector slang)
- Every Drop Counts (various organizations)
- Everyday Carry (knife)
- Evonik Degussa Corporation (Evonik Industries; various locations)
- Executive Deferred Compensation (retirement)
- Executive Director for Certification
- Expect Departure Clearance At .... (time)
- Expected Date of Confinement
- Exploratory Development Committee
- Export Development Canada
- Export Development Corporation (Canada)
- Extension Distribution Center
- Extensor Digitorum Communis (medical)
- External Database Coordination
- East Dorset Cycling Association (UK)
- Electronic Documentary Credit Advising
- Emergency Department Clinical Assistant
- Enhanced Distributed Channel Access (IEEE 802.11e)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fact, Iran went further than this, when it expressed its readiness for a "quick" settlement, and Secretary of the Expediency Discernment Council for the Regime Mohsen Rezaee asserted that Baghdad would be playing a significant role in this settlement during negotiations.
Arab Parliament Speaker Ali Salem Al Dakbasi reiterated in a statement the Pan-Arab body's complete denunciation and rejection of statements by Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi and former Revolutionary Guard chief Mohsen Rezai who is the current Secretary of the Expediency Discernment Council.
Moreover, in a protest against election results Iran's Hashemi Rafsanjani resigned from his posts as the chairman of the Assembly of Experts and as head of the Expediency Discernment Council, the two most influential institutions in the country.
Jaafari, who heads the National Reform Movement, discussed the security deal with the head of the Expediency Discernment Council, Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.
Conflicts between all these competing centres of power are umpired by the expediency discernment council, yet another clerical panel appointed by the supreme leader.
Manama-July 10 (BNA) Bahrain today strongly condemned the blatant statements made by Expediency Discernment Council secretary-general Ahmed Janati as he delivered the Friday sermon at Tehran University.
For example, the guardian council assures compatibility and conformity of various bills and legislation with the Islamic cannon, while the expediency discernment council assists in resolving differences between the Majlis and the guardian council.