In the beef-cattle industry, an estimate of genetic potential or breeding value is called an expected progeny difference (EPD) (see box).
What does EPD stand for?
EPD stands for Expected Progeny Difference (livestock breeding)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPD
We have 218 other meanings of EPD in our Acronym Attic
- Equivalent Patient Day
- Etch Pit Density
- Euclid Police Department
- Eugene Police Department (Eugene, Oregon)
- Eukaryotic Promoter Database
- Eureka Police Department
- European Partnership for Democracy
- European Pollen Database
- Evangelischer Pressedienst
- Execution Process Document
- Extended Position Description (defines a chess position)
- Extension to Produce (Perl computing language)
- Extra Police Duty
- Electrical Power Distribution and Control
- Embedded Push-Down Automata
- End Point Dilution Assay (biochemistry)
- Ethiopian Peoples' Democratic Alliance
- European Parkinson's Disease Association
- Extended Post Delivery Availability
- Intra-Endometrial Power Doppler Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
This past fall, the American Simmental Association published the first Marker-Assisted Expected Progeny Differences (MA-EPDs) for tenderness, using results from the IGENITY TenderGENE[TM] DNA test combined with traditional data.
Research was conducted to determine whether the climate where a calf is carried and then born has an effect on how much the calf will weigh at birth and how well the expected progeny differences (EPD) match that weight.