Giving an overview of her report on the state of the province, Premier Kiviet said, over 150 000 jobs were created through among others the Expanded Public Works Programme to provide young people with work opportunities on time to increase their chances of absorption into the mainstream job market.
What does EPWP stand for?
EPWP stands for Expanded Public Works Programme (South Africa)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Environmental Protection Working Group
- Estes Park Women's Golf Association (Estes Park, CO)
- European Pharma Wholesales Inc.
- Enemy Prisoner of War Information Bureau
- Enemy Prisoner of War Information Bureau (Branch)
- El Paso Water Improvement District (Fabens, TX)
- Enhanced Pulse Width Modulation (computing)
- Environmental Public Works Management (Santa Monica, CA)
- Environmental Protection and Waste Management Department (Quezon City, Philippiness)
- East Prince Waste Management Facility (Wellington, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- Eastern Pennsylvania Water Pollution Control Operators' Association (Reinholds, PA)
- European Pressurized Water Reactor
- Economic and Political Weekly Research Foundation (India)
- Emergency Production Weapons Schedule
- Emergency Public Warning System
- Entry Point Worker Studio (UK)
- European Platform of Women Scientists
- Expatriate Professional Women's Society (Shanghai, China)
- Estes Park Winter Sports Club (Estes Park, CO, USA)
- El Prado Water and Sanitation District (New Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With a constricting economy, tax revenues will decrease drastically and your expensive plans of infrastructure spending, expanded public works programmes and additional social grants can only come from greater deficits, which is ultimately irresponsible in this economic climate," he said.
9) The recently launched South African Expanded Public Works Programme incorporates a plan for implementing a nation-wide roll-out of this cadre by 2009.
The Department of Environmental Affairs through its Environmental Protection and Infrastructure Programme (EPIP) is funding the implementation of Mopani Waste Recycling and Buy Back Centre Project in Mopani District Municipality using labour intensive methods as per the requirements of Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
Meanwhile, the Portfolio Committee on Public Works will visit Limpopo to assess the progress made in the implementation of the second phase of the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
The Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) continues to prove its viability as an important catalyst for creation of decent work opportunities with the release of the fourth and last quarter results for the 2010/11 financial year.