A delayed-release capsule formulation of pancrelipase, which will be marketed as Ultresa, has been approved for the treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency caused by cystic fibrosis or other conditions in children and adults.
What does EPI stand for?
EPI stands for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPI
We have 309 other meanings of EPI in our Acronym Attic
- Estimated Premium Income
- Études et Prestations Informatiques (French: Computer Studies and Services)
- Études et Projets Industriels (French: Industrial Projects and Studies)
- Europe Protection Intervention (France; est. 2001)
- European Participating Industries
- Européenne Protection Incendie (French: European Fire Protection)
- Europrop International (European aero engines)
- Evidence of Property Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Incentive
- Exit Planning Institute
- Expanded Position Indicator
- Expanded Programme on Immunization (World Health Organization)
- Experimental Performance Institute
- Exploration Production, Inc. (est. 1993; Canada)
- Export Promotion and Internationalisation (Finland)
- Extended Phase Interferometry
- External Peripheral Interface (Stellaris)
- External Presentation Interface
- External Project Initiation (WorldCom)
- Extraction Purification Innovation (France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved an infant-specific dose of CREON (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules to treat exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) due to cystic fibrosis (CF).
com Lilly Receives Complete Response Letter from FDA for Liprotamase for the Treatment of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency INDIANAPOLIS - Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) has received a complete response letter from the U.
Eurand has completed two phase III clinical trials on its lead product candidate, Zentase, for the treatment of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency and filed a rolling NDA for this product which the company anticipates to complete by the end of 2007.
11) There is only 1 report of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency associated with a pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a yellow-naped Amazon parrot (Amazona ochrocephala).
The results were categorized according to an established cutoff for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency of <200 [micro]g elastase 1/g stool (13).
EPI or Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency is a condition especially found in German shepherds.
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency was confirmed on the basis of markedly lowered stool-elastase levels (74 [micro]g/g and 38 [micro]g/g for child 1 and child 2, respectively, normal range 200-500 [micro]g/g); child 1 also had low stool-chymotrypsin levels (4.