If they exfiltrate credentials, they can log back in as system-level users and do whatever they want .
What does EXFIL stand for?
EXFIL stands for Exfiltrate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Euskal Xake Federakuntza (Basque: Basque Chess Federation; Spain)
- Exception Fill
- Exhaust Fan
- External Fire
- Standard Extract Format
- Extended Fine Auger Structure
- Extended X-Ray Fine Absorption Structure
- Extended File Allocation Table (file system)
- External First Class
- EXtended File Control Block
- Excise Tax Filing and Retrieval System
- Explosive Foxhole Digger
- Exchange Format (for experimental nuclear reaction data)
- Exercise Force
- Experimental Force
- Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Excluded From the General Declassification Schedule
- Extended Geminal
- Extended Group Function (1) (Model Wave Function Accounting for Electron Correlation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Throughout the attack, the perpetrators will also use this channel to open and manipulate backdoor network access to discover and exfiltrate their targeted data.
Attacks, especially those that exfiltrate intellectual property are designed to go undetected--only sophisticated monitoring and analytics tools can help detect and deter.
Certainly long term threat is by nation states who are finding new and ingenious ways to exfiltrate information.
He had to ensure the aircraft and its extremely capable radar systems were in the northern half of its track in order for his team to exfiltrate unnoticed.
In one case, the attackers did not appear to successfully exfiltrate any sensitive data, but details are not available in all cases.
Damballa solutions detect and terminate malicious activity associated with botnets and advanced malware that exfiltrates corporate data such as intellectual property or login credentials.
It is a three days exercise in which the teams, comprising eight members, are required to infiltrate into simulated enemy lines and perform multiple tasks including obstacle crossing, close target reconnaissance and exfiltrate successfully in real time environments.