SKINS compression wear is popularly-known to reduce exercise-induced muscle damage, a key factor in promoting active recovery.
What does EIMD stand for?
EIMD stands for Exercise-Induced Muscle Damage
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EIMD
We have 1 other meaning of EIMD in our Acronym Attic
- Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology (Moscow, Russia)
- Executive International Master of Business Administration (academics)
- Egyptian International Medical Center (Cairo, Egypt)
- Electronic Imaging and Media Communications (University of Bradford department)
- Energy Infrastructure Merger Corporation (Marshall Islands)
- Evergreen Investment Management Company (Wells Fargo)
- Ewig International Marine Corporation (Jersey City, NJ)
- European Interim Management Conference Association
- Echelon Institute of Management Development (Echelon University; Netherlands)
- European Institute for Managing Diversity
- Evans Institute for Middle East Studies
- Engine Industry Management Group (est. 1990; EU)
- Ethanol-Induced Motor Incoordination (pharmacology)
- Euler International Mathematical Institute
- Exercise Induced Myocardial Ischemia
- École Internationale de Marketing du Luxe (French: International School of Marketing of Luxury)
- European Institute of Molecular Magnetism
- Eclipse Instant Messenger Plugin (software)
- Energy Independent Model Pseudopotential
- English in My Pocket (English-teaching book)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] The peak elbow flexor isometric force at times 0, 24, 48, 72, and 96 hours post exercise-induced muscle damage was compared to the baseline value to indicate the amount of muscle force attenuation that was initially induced, as well as the recovery of muscle force.
Massage therapy attenuates inflammatory signaling after exercise-induced muscle damage.
The protein in milk helps build lean muscle and recent research suggests it may reduce exercise-induced muscle damage.
Curcumin effects on inflammation and performance recovery following eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage.
Cool-down is performed after the events that initiate eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage.
We then compared this marker with conventional indices such as C-reactive protein (CRP), creatine kinase activity (CK), and uric acid (UA), which are associated with exercise-induced muscle damage and acute-phase response.
Dear Editor-in-Chief Resistance exercise often leads to exercise-induced muscle damage (EIMD).