250) could leave the impression that the evolutionary significant unit (ESU) is the de facto concept employed for all listing decisions under the Endangered Species Act.
What does ESU stand for?
ESU stands for Evolutionary Significant Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ESU
We have 92 other meanings of ESU in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Support Unit
- Entertainment Switching Unit
- Environmental Simulator Unit
- Environnements Sécurisés des Utilisateurs (French software)
- Equal Support Unit (UK)
- Equipment Set Up (television studio scheduling)
- Equivalent Spousal Unit
- Equivalent Stormwater Unit
- Ethernet Switch Unit
- European Size Units (UK farming)
- Expeditionary Surgical Unit
- Explorer Scout Unit (various locations)
- Engineering Students' Union, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Student Union
- Educational Service Unit #1 (Wakefield, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #10 (Kearney, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #11 (Holdrege, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #12 (Alliance, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #13 (Scottsbluff, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #14 (Sidney, NE)
- Educational Service Unit #15 (Trenton, NE)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Based on findings by the National Marine Fisheries Service, the FWS published a notice in the June 17 Federal Register formally listing several Evolutionary Significant Units (ESU) of this trout species for ESA protection.
An evolutionary significant unit, or ESU, represents the basic building block of conservation.