Following the landmark Everglades Forever Act of 1994, Florida and the federal government have worked together on the $8-billion plan to clean up and restore the "River of Grass.
What does EFA stand for?
EFA stands for Everglades Forever Act of 1994
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EFA
We have 150 other meanings of EFA in our Acronym Attic
- Estimated Financial Assistance
- Etsy for Animals
- European Federation of Allergy and Airway Diseases Patients Association (Brussels, Belgium)
- European Federation of Asthma and Allergy Associations
- European Fighter Aircraft
- European Film Awards
- European Finance Association
- European Free Alliance
- European Fundraising Association
- Event Frequency Analysis
- Evidence for Action (various locations)
- Exchange Fund Account (Department of Finance Canada)
- Exhibitions for Africa (trade show company)
- Expedited Funds Availability Act
- Experiment Flight Applications
- Exploratory Factor Analysis
- Export Finance Advisor
- Exportatrice Française d'Agroalimentaire (French: Export of French Food)
- Extended File Attribute
- External Function Acknowledge
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1994, to the dismay of Florida legislators, the then-103-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas, author of The Everglades: River of Grass and a leading force in protecting the wetlands for more than 50 years, publicly demanded that her name be stricken from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Everglades Forever Act of 1994 because she felt that the state had retreated from its commitment to restore the ecosystem.
14, 1995--Brown and Caldwell, an Engineering News Record top 100 engineering and consulting firm, has been awarded major contracts by the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) for detailed design and engineering work under the $480 million Everglades Construction Project (ECP), designated under Florida's Everglades Forever Act of 1994.