The European Union Police Mission in Afghanistan (EUPOL), currently operating in 12 provinces as well as the capital, is training and developing civilian police capabilities, the envoy added.
What does EUPM stand for?
EUPM stands for European Union Police Mission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- European Forum for Education in Physics
- Ethiopian Unity Patriots Front (political group; est. 1994)
- European Public Health Association
- European Union Public Health Information Network
- End User Programming with Hierarchical Objects for Robust Interpreted Applications (rapid deployment software)
- Engineering Urban Planning Laboratory (St. Louis University; St. Louis, MO)
- European Union Public Licence (software license)
- Escuela Universitaria Politécnica La Almunia
- European Polar Stratospheric Cloud and Leewave Experiment
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Nature Tourism Alliance (Michigan)
- End User Point of Termination
- End User Phrase of the Day
- Association of European Plastics Recyclers
- European Union of Public Relations
- European Public Relations Education and Research Association (Belgium)
- European Universities Public Relations and Information Officers (Belgium)
- European Union of Physics Research Organisations
- European Union Parliamentary Support Programme
- European Union Planning Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
EU High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy Catherine Ashton congratulated Thursday Brigadier General Jukka Savolainen from Finland on taking office as the new Head of Mission of the European Union Police Mission in Afghanistan (EUPOL-Afghanistan).
De Maiziere was to meet with his Afghan counterpart Mohammad Hanif Atmar and General Stanley McChrystal, commander of foreign forces in Afghanistan, as well as representatives of the European Union police mission EUPOL.
During 2006, the police of Bosnia and Herzegovina in conjunction with the European Union Police Mission implemented an antidrug campaign "Choose Life, not Drugs".
The friendly folks at the European Union Police Mission, whose job is to monitor and guide the development of an honest, effective police force, knew nothing about where I might find Mrs.
Gonzalo de Cesare, the political advisor with the European Union Police Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The secretariat, a joint venture of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the European Union Police Mission in Afghanistan, was set up in Kabul and a pilot Community Policing Pillar launched in some districts.
De Maiziere met with his Afghan counterpart Mohammad Hanif Atmar and General Stanley McChrystal, commander of foreign forces in Afghanistan, as well as representatives of the European Union police mission EUPOL.