Contract award: Public-opinion polling services Conducting fieldwork and data preparation of the sixth wave of the European Social Survey in Spain, coordinated by the University Pompeu Fabra.
What does ESS stand for?
ESS stands for European Social Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ESS
We have 540 other meanings of ESS in our Acronym Attic
- Ethernet Serial Server (computing; various companies)
- Ethernet Service Switch (Alcatel)
- Ethernet Switch System (Alcatel)
- Ethiopian Scientific Society
- Etoile Sportive du Sahel (Sousse, Tunisia)
- Eurest Support Services (Compass Group)
- European Security Strategy (EU)
- European Shiatsu School
- European Simulation Symposium (computer simulation)
- European Snake Society
- European Spallation Source
- European Stars and Stripes
- European Statistical System
- Evaluation Survey Services (ACT, Inc.)
- Événement Significatif pour la Sûreté (French: Significant Event for Safety)
- Every Show Sucks (Internet TV channel)
- Evolutionary Stable Strategy
- Exact Stochastic Simulation (chemistry)
- Exceptional Student Services (various locations)
- Exclusive Sensor System (sewing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Professor Andreas Hadjar and Susanne Backes analysed data from the European Social Survey on 32,000 first or second generation migrants and 164,700 non-migrants in 30 European countries, including the UK.
According to the European Social Survey, for a poll conducted in 2008 and 2009, a lack of attendance is extremely high (in excess of 50 percent) in the Czech Republic, France, Britain, Belgium and the Netherlands.
3) The micro data on happiness are easily obtainable from most data archives including ICPSR for the GSS and the Eurobarometers, the Data Archive at the University of Essex and ZACAT in Germany for the Eurobarometers, ISSP, European Social Survey, BHPS, GSOEP, European Quality of Life Survey, European Social Surveys and so on.
There is also a knighthood for Prof Roger Jowell of City University, co-founder and director of the European Social Survey, an expert on social attitudes and voting behaviour.
IRMTRAUD NORA GALLHOFER (MA, University of Amsterdam), junior author, is Senior Researcher on projects of the European Social Survey (ESS).
00 Hardcover HN374 The European Social Survey examined the relationship between happiness and social policy in Europe.
In order to find out how common it is for workers to worry about how much they are earning in comparison with others, Andrew Clark and Claudia Senik looked at results from the European Social Survey.