Their purpose has been to serve as the main Anglo-French contribution to the European Rapid Reaction Force, as agreed by Tony Blair at Helsinki in 1999.
What does ERRF stand for?
ERRF stands for European Rapid Reaction Force
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ERRF
We have 1 other meaning of ERRF in our Acronym Attic
- Expendability, Recoverability, Reparability Code
- Expendability/Recoverability/Reparability/Cost Designator
- Emergency and Remedial Response Division
- Executive Records Retention and Disposition Schedule (New Mexico)
- Environmental and Renewable Resource Economics (Pennsylvania State University)
- ERR (Estrogen-Related Receptor)-Alpha Response Element (biochemistry)
- Eritrean Relief and Refugee Commission
- Enlisted Retention Recommendation Form (US Air Force)
- Equipment Repair Request Form (Birkbeck University of London; UK)
- Eastern Rockies Rugby Football Union (Colorado)
- Engineering Risk Research Group (Stanford University; California)
- Engineering/Remediation Resources Group, Inc.
- Emergency Response & Research Institute, Inc.
- Episodic Release Reduction Initiative (US EPA)
- European Rail Research Institute (The Netherlands)
- Electronics Radiation Response Information Center
- European Research Into Radon in Construction Concerted Action
- European Radon Research and Industry Collaboration Concerted Action
- Eagle Resolutions and Resources International (security company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The minister said Cyprus agreed with the position of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to create a European rapid reaction force that could deal with such catastrophes on a regional basis in southern Europe, the Mediterranean and central Europe.
Since then I have found out that the idea behind all this has been to link our forces to the so-called European Rapid Reaction Force, whose units will be made up of 1,500 men and which if not stopped will come into force in 2007.
He said: "The European Rapid Reaction Force is a good thing.
He added: ``The European rapid reaction force, through its security and defence capability, is not even walking yet, let alone up and running and able to undertake an action like that.
Greece blocks an agreement forged last week between EU diplomats and Turkey that gave the EU access to NATO's assets once a 60,000-strong European rapid reaction force (ESDP) is established in 2003, with Greek FM George Papandreou saying the EU's letter to NATO fails to address Greece's own security concerns.
Every attempt at institution building on the continent - from modest attempts to harmonise VAT to a European rapid reaction force - excites reactions which today sound simply hysterical.
Verdict Dr Baker: 'Before the election, the Tories were opposing a European rapid reaction force.