The company is also highlighting its European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) expertise and state-of-the-art BOMBARDIER CITYFLO 650 communications-based train control (CBTC) solution, which are ideally suited to Turkey s rapidly expanding rail transportation network.
What does ERTMS stand for?
ERTMS stands for European Rail Traffic Management System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ERTMS in our Acronym Attic
- Organisation for Intelligent Transport Systems in Europe
- En-Route Transit Information Systems
- Employee Right-to-Know
- Department of Educational Research, Technology, and Leadership (University of Central Florida; College of Eduaction; Orlando, FL)
- Electrochemical Reaction & Technology Laboratory (South Korea)
- Electronics Regional Test Laboratory (India)
- Environmental Research and Training Laboratories (University of Kentucky)
- Electronic Intelligence Requirement Tasking Message
- ELINT Requirement Tasking Message
- Engine Room Team Management (training course)
- Estimated Return to Operation (maintenance)
- Estonian Rural Tourism Organisation
- Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
- Early Reading Technology Project
- Eastern Region Training Partnership (UK)
- Economic Recovery and Transition Program (World Bank)
- Executive Retention and Termination Plan (Nortel Networks Corporation)
- Extended Real-Time Polling Service
- e-Review of Tourism Research
- Emergency Response and Transitional Recovery (UN Development Programme)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The solution will comprise traditional signalling and second level European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS 2) technology, both companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
But NetworK Rail has introduced new signalling, the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS), and only trains fitted with special equipment to interact with it can use the line.
And the industry is to introduce the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) over the next 10 to 20 years - "probably the largest safety-centred engineering project in British history", Muttram said.
The new system is the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS), which would prevent trains going through danger signals.
It said the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS), recommended after the Paddington disaster to prevent trains going through signals, should be introduced gradually - and not rushed through to meet a 2010 target.
Another 13 to 21 road deaths could result each year - 10 times the number of lives saved by the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) which stops trains going through red lights.
The project will be undertaken in parallel with the installation of the pounds 60m European Rail Traffic Management System national resignalling project.