German Chancellor Angela Merkel is known to criticize France for being less than enthusiastic about European political union.
What does EPU stand for?
EPU stands for European Political Union
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EPU
We have 75 other meanings of EPU in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Power Unit (F-16 Aircraft)
- Emergency Psychiatric Unit
- Energy Processing Unit
- Engine Protection Unit
- Environmental Protection Unit
- Equivalent Power Unit
- Estimated Position Uncertainty
- European Payments Union (organization formed after WWII)
- European Peace University (Austria)
- European Pharmaceutical Union
- European University Centre for Peace Studies
- Evil Parallel Universe (firedoglake)
- Examen Periódico Universal (Spanish: Universal Periodic Review; UN)
- Examen Périodique Universel (French: Universal Periodic Review; UN)
- Excess Property Unit
- Exeter Political Union (Phillips Exeter Academ, Exeter, NH)
- Extended Power Uprate (nuclear power)
- Extended Processing Unit
- External Power Unit
- Europäisches Patentübereinkommen (German: European patent convention )
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Fabbrini, the solution is to review European treaties, as demanded by Cameron, but creating two different Europes, a Euorpean economic union and a European political union - tied by the single market.
| VIENNA, Dec 6 (KUNA) -- Austria's top banker has warned the EU not to make a European political union into a fateful issue for the euro currency.
She also called for a closer European political union through changes in the EU treaty.
The desolation of a second continent-wide war in 50 years encouraged men like France's Jean Monnet to conceive of European political union as a way to forestall future conflicts.
Although I don't agree with him on his claim that the ambitions were strictly political -as I think that the economic ambitions were also significant, although the political ambitions out-weighted them- I must agree that, before it was adopted, the introduction of Euro had been seen as a very important step towards European political union (Kaelberer, 2005: 172).
In the past, European leaders who promoted a European political union repeatedly met with failure, while their attempts to promote economic integration were much more welcomed by Europeans.
The European political union is an ally for the United States.