She will be remembered also for standing up for Britain in Brussels and speaking out against the failures of the European Common Market.
What does ECM stand for?
ECM stands for European Common Market
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECM
We have 365 other meanings of ECM in our Acronym Attic
- Error Covariance Matrix
- Erythema Chronicum Migrans
- Espace Cadres Marseille (French retirement association)
- Espace Culture Multimédia (French: Multimedia Espace Culture)
- Essentials of Clinical Medicine (various schools)
- Estonian Centre on Medicines
- Étude et Conception Mécanique (French engineering company)
- Euro Carreaux Matériaux (French tile company)
- European Christian Mission (various nations)
- European Cities Monitor (survey)
- European Congress of Mathematics
- Evaluation Capability Module
- Every Child Matters (UK)
- Every Child Ministries (Hebron, IN)
- Everyplace Connection Manager (IBM)
- Exam Content Manual
- Exceptional Case Marking (grammar syntax theory)
- Executive Career Management
- Executive Committee Member (various organizations)
- Executive Control Message
Samples in periodicals archive:
But asked if there should be a moratorium on meat imports in the EU, he said: "That is not allowed within the European common market.
THE majority British view has always been that we should and would join the European Common Market eventually and inevitably, so it will surely come to pass soon.
In "Limits to Free Trade: Non-Tariff Barriers in the European Union, Japan and United States", David Hanson (Associate Professor of International Business, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) focuses on the increasing use of non-tariff barriers imposed upon international trading by the economic powerhouses of Japan, the European Common Market, and the United States.
They argue that the free movement of laborers is a founding principle of the European Common Market, and the present way of treating the Bulgarians and Romanians differently perpetuates the divisions within the EU.
It was, after the Edward Heath lies and betrayal of the 1972 Accession to the European Common Market, by far the worst removal of democratic sovereignty from the British people in our history.
139/2004 declaring its proposed acquisition of Rohm and Haas Company compatible with the European common market.
CAFTA/FTAA and the EU When the European Common Market was launched nearly 50 years ago, the peoples of Europe were told that it was principally a "free trade" pact.