Although CREST results are not available yet, preliminary 30-day stroke and death rate of CAS arm in lead-in phase are comparable with two well-known CEA trials, namely, the NASCET and European Carotid Surgery Trial (Hobson et al.
What does ECST stand for?
ECST stands for European Carotid Surgery Trial
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECST
We have 5 other meanings of ECST in our Acronym Attic
- Erie County Study on Smoking and Health
- European Cooperation in Social Science Information and Documentation
- Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
- European Confederation of Soil Science Societies (Vienna, Austra)
- Everest Computer Shiksha Sewa Samiti (Indian computer association)
- École de Coiffure Ste-Thérèse (French: Hairdressing School of Ste-Thérèse; Ste-Thérèse, Canada)
- Electro Convulsive Shock Therapy
- Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology (California State University; Los Angeles, CA)
- Enhanced Configuration Summary Tool (software)
- Entreprise de Chaudronnerie-Soudure et Tuyauterie (French: Welding and Boiler Piping Company)
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
- Exercise Cardiac Stress Testing (cardiology)
- Expeditionary Combat Skills Training
- European Council for Student Affairs
- Educating Children Summer Training Institute (Muskingum College; New Concord, Ohio)
- Electrochemical Scanning Tunneling Microscopy
- East Coast Super Trainer Showdown (Pokemon)
- Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT, USA)
- Electrical Certification Support Unit
- Electronic Communications Surveillance Unit (US FBI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Symptomatic patients In patients who present with classic middle cerebral artery symptoms, two classic independent studies, the European Carotid Surgery Trial (ECST)2 as well as the North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial (NASCET)3 provide the guidelines for treatment.
Results of this trial were subsequently corroborated by the European Carotid Surgery Trial (ECST).