Using Juniper Networks routers and Ciena's commercially-available 100G Ethernet coherent optical transport solution, Verizon implemented 100G Ethernet connections between routers on its European backbone network between Paris and Frankfurt, a distance of 893 kilometers (555 miles).
What does EBONE stand for?
EBONE stands for European Backbone Network (provides Internet IP and ISO CLNS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Engineering Book of Knowledge
- European Body of Knowledge
- Electronic Bills of Lading (shipping)
- Emory Beacon of Light, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Electronic Bill Of Material
- Engineering Bill of Materials
- Enterprise Business Object Model
- Evil Brotherhood of Mutants
- Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (training; Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design)
- Everchanging Book of Names
- Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation and Ozonation
- East Bay Outreach Project (University of California, Berkeley)
- Eastern Bay of Plenty (New Zealand)
- Ebrary Book Ordering Platform (Ebrary; Palo Alto, CA)
- Electrical Balance of Plant
- Emergency Bearing Oil Pump (various companies)
- Environment Bay of Plenty
- Equal Business Opportunity Program (Knoxville, TN)
- European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Extended Balance of Payments Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group said it would also spend around pounds 4 billion over the next three years to expand its European backbone network and to realise ambitious local broadband ambitions.
UUNet Inc, the internet service provider arm of MCI Worldcom Inc, will this summer upgrade its European backbone network to STM-16 speeds (around 2.
Business Editors / High-Tech Writers Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERICY) and Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR) today announced an agreement to expand the capacity in the European backbone network of global operator Telia International Carrier (TIC).
cities on the North American backbone with each other and with France Telecom-Global One international network infrastructure, including the Group's European backbone network.
1,851,600 Shares: ATTRACTIVE FLAG Telecom (Nasdaq:FTHL), a leading global network services provider and independent global carriers' carrier, and Verizon Communications, announced that they have entered into an agreement whereby FLAG Telecom will collaborate in the development and use of Verizon's recently announced city-to-city European backbone network.
In Europe, France Telecom has developed the European Backbone Network, a backbone connecting 250 cities in 16 European countries thanks to France Telecom's partners, providing excellent connectivity and capillarity through Europe.
Business Editors & High Tech Writers NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 5, 2001 Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), and FLAG Telecom (Nasdaq: FTHL; LSE: FTL), a leading global network services provider and independent global carriers' carrier, today announced that they have entered into an agreement whereby FLAG Telecom will collaborate in the development and use of Verizon's recently announced city-to-city European backbone network.