IT might not have been up for an award but the biggest winner at the 18th MTV Europe Music Awards was Belfast.
What does EMA stand for?
EMA stands for Europe Music Awards (MTV)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of EMA
We have 401 other meanings of EMA in our Acronym Attic
- Equipment Maintenance Allowance
- Ericsson Multi Activation
- Escuela Mexicana Americana
- Estado-Maior da Armada (Portugal)
- Estonian Medical Association
- Etat-Major des Armées (French: General Staff of the Armed Forces)
- Ethiopian Mapping Authority
- Ethnic Minority Achievement (UK education)
- Ethylene Methyl Acrylate
- Europe MTV Award
- Europe, Middle East, and Asia (Peace Corps)
- European Marketing Association
- European Medical Association (est. 1990)
- European Medicines Agency (EU)
- European Metallizers Association
- European Midwives Association
- European Monetary Agreement
- European Motorcycle Accessories (various locations)
- Evangelistic Messengers' Association
- Éveil Musique Aventure (French: Awakening Music Adventure)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber put rumours about his personal life to one side when he picked up two gongs at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast.
In 2009, they both won the Best Turkish Act award from MTV Turkey and consequently the Best European Act award from MTV Networks Europe in MTV Europe Music Awards 2009.
The inaugural MTV Europe Music Awards took place in Berlin in 1994 and we are proud to be invited to return as part of the city's twentieth anniversary celebrations of the fall of the Berlin Wall," commented Richard Godfrey, Senior Vice President Content & Music, MTV Networks International and Executive Producer.
Ex Beatle Sir Paul McCartney was given a special gong at the MTV Europe Music Awards Thursday in his home city of Liverpool -- and used the event to hail US president-elect Barack Obama.
Byline: By CATHERINE JONES Culture Reporter TAKE THAT will perform at next month's MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool.
The range of the finalists truly demonstrates the breadth and taste of our audience," said MTV Europe Music Awards executive producer Richard Godfrey.
RICK ASTLEY has become a surprise contender for best act ever at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards.