The agreement is also a crucial step towards the creation of a Euro-Mediterranean free trade area and the only south-south free trade agreement linked to the Barcelona process 1995.
What does EMFTA stand for?
EMFTA stands for Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of EMFTA in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Medical First Responder (first aid)
- East Midlands Flying School (Castle Donington, Derbyshire, England, UK)
- Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Emerging Markets Field Study (academic class; various universities)
- Extracranial Magnetic Field Stimulation
- Electric Model Flyers of Southern Ontario
- Expert Material Fabrication Services System (El Paso, TX)
- Eclipse Modeling Framework Technologies
- Electro-Magnetic Field Theory (physics)
- Exact Morality for Today (online book)
- European Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Association
- Electronic Mail & File Transfer System
- Extension Master Food Volunteer (Kansas State University)
- Extreme Music from Women
- Early Modern French Women Writers (digitization project, University of Minnesota)
- Earthbound Media Group (Irvine, CA)
- Eastern Management Group
- Echantillon Médical Gratuit (French: Free Medical Sample)
- École Marocaine d'Ingénierie (French: Moroccan School of Engineering)
- Ecosystem Monitoring Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
More specifically, topics include institution-building and free trade agreements, a quantitative assessment of integration scenarios, the transmission of growth shocks in the EU to MENA, the impact of trade policy on wages (evidence from Egypt), the financial sector and poverty, and economic, social, and environmental impacts of the Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area.
The report hoped that the momentum created by the Arab Spring can spur progress towards a Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area and supported talks on deep and comprehensive free-trade areas.
In addition, Euromed trade ministers, who met in February, have agreed to launch negotiations for regional economic integration and the setting up of a Euro-Mediterranean free trade area by 2010.
In addition, the enforced liberalization in the region is leading to its subordination to European hegemony within the Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area.
The accords are key building blocks in a process leading to the eventual establishment of a Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area.
as the Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area or Euromed FTA, based on the
The agreement was seen as a possible first step in the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean free trade area as envisaged in the Barcelona Process.