BT Ethernet Connect comprises two elements: Etherway access over copper or fibre, connecting the customer site to the network point of presence with a range of resilience options; Ethernet Virtual Connection (EVC), which is end to end services between customer sites, allowing for choices of service types, speeds and classes of service for each virtual connection.
What does EVC stand for?
EVC stands for Ethernet Virtual Connection (network interface relationship)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EVC
We have 82 other meanings of EVC in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Voice Communication
- End/Ending of Vertical Curve
- Enhanced Video Connector (VESA)
- Enterprise Value Creation (Glomark-Governan)
- Enterprise View C
- Equilibrium Vapor Concentration
- Équipe Verres et Céramiques (French: Team Glass and Ceramics)
- Erkenning Verworven Competenties (Dutch: Recognition of Prior Learning)
- État Végétatif Chronique (French: Chronic Vegetative State)
- Ethernet Virtual Circuit
- European Vinyls Corporation
- European Vital Computer (train control)
- Évaluation de la Vulnérabilité et des Capacités (French: Assessment of Vulnerability and Capacity)
- Evasion Chart (US DoD/National Geospatial Intelligence Agency product)
- Every Vote Counts (politics; various locations)
- Executive Vice Chairman (various organizations)
- Existing Visual Condition
- Extravehicular Communication
- Electric Vehicle Conductive Charging Coalition
- Endovenous Catheter Ablation
Samples in periodicals archive:
It supports Ethernet virtual connections for IEEE 802.
EVPL is an all-fiber optic network service that connects subscriber locations at native LAN speeds using point-to-point Ethernet virtual connections.
1ag enables providers to manage customer-service instances individually, alerting them when an Ethernet virtual connection (EVC) or virtual local-area network (VLAN) fails and providing the tools to rapidly isolate the failure.
Designed around the company's AccessServices(TM) architecture, the RS960 offers service aggregation and service multiplexing across multiple Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs) to support multiple services or multiple customers.
All Ethernet virtual connections were then groomed in the ring to a single OC-3c ATM UNI hand-off to a FORE Systems' ForeRunner ASX-1000 backbone ATM switch.