Indeed, Twombly's and Poussin's differing meditations on the theme of Arcadia may well have the same source--Guercino's Et In Arcadia Ego, or The Arcadian Shepherds of c.
What does EIAE stand for?
EIAE stands for Et in Arcadia Ego
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of EIAE
- Education Information Advisory Committee (Council of Chief State School Officers)
- Electronic Industries Association of Canada
- End Item Acronym Code
- Environmental Impact Analysis Center
- Ergonomics Information Analysis Centre
- Ethernet based Integrated Access Controller
- Enhanced Integrated Antenna Detector (defense)
- Enterprise Information Assurance Directive (US Marine Corps)
- Environmental Impact Assessment for Decommissioning (UK)
- Extended Integrated Air Defense System
- Exercise Induced Arterial Endofibrosis
- External Iliac Artery Endofibrosis (leg pain)
- Enzyme-Inducing Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- Electron-Induced Auger Electron Spectroscopy
- Extranet Investment Accumulative Fund
- Environmental Innovation Advisory Group (UK)
- Ethical Investment Advisory Group (UK)
- Environnements Informatiques pour l'Apprentissage Humain
- Exercise Induced Arterial Hypoxemia
- Eastern Internal Arts Institute (Fairfax, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
JJ) Nicolas Poussin - Et in Arcadia Ego (late 1630s), Landscape with a Man Killed by Snake (1648), Self-Portrait (1650), Blind Orion Searching for the Rising Sun (1656), A Dance to the Music of Time (date unknown) Poussin was a great landscape artist, but painting views with topographical accuracy was not the point.
For dreamscapes of a more sublimated—yet no less jarring—sort, head downtown to the Bowery Gallery, where painter Marvin Gates’ truly extraordinary Et In Arcadia Ego (until Sept.
For in colonizing the now more or less redundant public facility the buddleia might be an equivalent, in a democratic poetry of the pavement, of Poussin's reminder to the shepherds, Et in Arcadia Ego.
Fussell also feels that the English pastoral is distinguished by the "special kind of sense [the English make] out of the classical tag Et in arcadia ego [.
This esoteric art-cult was launched in the 1970s by Henry Lincoln, who claims that Poussin's famous painting in the Louvre Et in Arcadia Ego is the 'key' to the Holy Grail.
11am - 4:45pm Until 29 March Gallery 1 Stephen McKenna: Et in Arcadia Ego Gallery 2 Michael Warren: The Paradise  Green on Red Gallery 26-28 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2 01-671-3414/3448 Fax: 01-672-7117 E-mail: info@greenonredgallery.
Yet there is a classical austerity and a feeling of foreboding that makes one think of Poussin's Et in Arcadia ego.