The index, places a greater emphasis on the estimated breeding values for production of milk and litter size.
What does EBV stand for?
EBV stands for Estimated Breeding Value
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EBV
We have 82 other meanings of EBV in our Acronym Attic
- Expansion Bus
- English Bridge Union Teachers Association (UK)
- Economic Book Value
- Electronic Brake Variator
- Elektronischer Bremskraftverteiler (German: Electronic Brakeforce Distribution)
- Email Brand Value
- Emergency Block Valve
- Endobronchial Valve (surgical emphysema treatment)
- Epstein-Barr Virus
- Erdölbevorratungsverband (German equivalent of US Strategic Petroleum Reserve)
- Epstein Barr Virus Early Antigen
- East Bay Vietnamese Association
- Epstein-Barr Virus-associated Gastric Carcinoma
- Eenpersoons Besloten Vennootschap Met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (Dutch) (http://www.ccihv.be/Eigenzaak/mn_aansprakelijkheid.html)
- East Bay Vision Center (California)
- Easter Bush Veterinary Centre (Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland, UK)
- Epstein-Barr Virus Capsid Antigen
- Extended Butterworth-Van Dyke
- East Bay Vintage Dance Society (California)
- Enzootic Bovine Leukosis Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
The breed's genetic trends for performance traits have consistently risen since 2000 with a 34% rise in eye muscle area Estimated Breeding Value (EBV) and 38% rise in 400-day weight EBV respectively.
Its Elite Ram Project, which involved both on-line training and pounds 400 ram grants, encouraged the use of Estimated Breeding Values (EBV), Brookdale Consulting concluded.
For the first time, the booklet also has a focus on the use of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) which provide an objective way of assessing the genetic potential of animals.
The RDP-funded scheme provides 50% vouchers - up to pounds 500 - to buy semen from bulls with high Estimated Breeding Values (EBV).
With the assumption of normality for random effects for breeding values and residuals, the estimated breeding values can be obtained using selection index equations such as a = cov(a,y)/var(y) y.
Sarah Hurley says: "We recognise the value of bulls with reliable estimated breeding values (EBVs) and our Simmental and Limousin sires have beef values within the top 10% of their respective breeds.
The Charolais breed's genetic trends for weight traits have consistently continued to increase since 2000, with a 12% increase in the retail beef yield estimated breeding value, (EBV), a trait which is measured by combining the growth of an animal with its ultrasound scanning data for eye muscle area and fat measurements.