The policy for rational use of medicines includes Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List, pharmacy therapeutics committees, prescribing policy, adverse drug reaction reporting/pharmaco-vigilance, education and training, continuing medical education, provision of information on medicines to healthcare workers, public/consumer education, and medicine promotion and advertising.
What does EML stand for?
EML stands for Essential Medicines List (WHO)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EML
We have 120 other meanings of EML in our Acronym Attic
- Engineering Mechanics Laboratory
- English, Modern Language (education department)
- Enterprise Modular Library (software)
- Entreprises Métalliques Loncle (French metal company)
- Entretien Motivationnel en Ligne (French: Motivational Online Interview; Switzerland)
- Environmental Measurements Laboratory
- Environmental Morale Leave
- Equatorial Magnetosphere Laboratory
- Equipements Matériels Lourds (French: Major Medical Equipment)
- Equipment Maintenance Log
Samples in periodicals archive:
An essential medicines list has now been instituted, which ensures availability of a group of basic medicines, offers high reimbursement rates compared to drugs not on the list, and prohibits providers levying additional charges on drugs.
9) The drug has been added to essential medicines lists in many countries, including Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya and Zambia, for the treatment of incomplete abortion.
The 'interaction' may influence the prescribing behaviour of certain doctors, may influence the addition of certain medicines to the list of hospital medicines or Essential Medicines List (EML), may result in favourable publications leading to biased/incorrect information to doctors.
It is on the World Health Organization's Essential Medicines List, and is an antiretroviral drug regimen that could greatly benefit patients everywhere while reducing costs in the long term," said Michael Weinstein, AIDS Healthcare Foundation President.
Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List for South Africa.
Also in This Issue In a Comment on essential medicines lists, Jane Hutchings and colleagues note that national committees compiling these lists often fail to see reproductive health as a national priority, and that reproductive health drugs and devices are therefore not included [page 205].
Among the various reasons for poor availability of medicines could be (i) medicines which are not on the States' essential medicines list (EML) or procurement list are not purchased, (ii) inefficient distribution systems leading to frequent 'stock-outs', (iii) dispensaries having different EMLs which do not have medicines prescribed by specialists (e.