Peginesatide is a synthetic, PEGylated peptidic compound that binds to and activates the erythropoietin receptor and thus acts as an erythropoiesis stimulating agent (ESA) which results in the increased formation of red blood cells.
What does EPOR stand for?
EPOR stands for Erythropoietin Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPOR
- Eastern Pennsylvania Organizing Project
- Eastgate Professional Office Park
- Education and Public Outreach Program
- Education Powers Our Planet
- Educational Program for Older Persons
- Elections, Public Opinion and Parties
- Electronic Point of Purchase
- Employment to Population Ratio (economics)
- European Polar-Orbiting Platform
- Export Promotion of Organic Products from Africa
- European Patent Office Reports
- Établissement Public Foncier de l'Ouest Rhône-Alpes (French public institution)
- Eurasian Patent Organisation
- European Patent Organisation
- Elected Public Officers Retirement System (Alaska)
- Electronic Point Of Sale
- Emergency Passenger Oxygen System
- Engineering and Project Management Oriented Support
- Entwicklungs und Projektmanagement Orientierte Spezifikationssystem (German traceability software tool)
- European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aldevron, a leader in the field of genetic immunisation, will apply its proprietary GENOVAC Antibody Technology to develop sets of monoclonal antibodies against the erythropoietin receptor (EpoR) for different applications, including antibodies capable of detecting EpoRs in its native conformation in tumour samples and the ability to modulate the function of this receptor.
It was clearly identify that erythropoietin and erythropoietin receptors have important role in prenatal growth and have vital role in stimulating red blood cells and again they act this vital role in product and development of vessel system.
``We are confident that CERA (Continuous Erythropoietin Receptor Activator) does not infringe any of Amgen's U.
All five products exert their principal effect--stimulation of erythropoiesis--by binding to the erythropoietin receptor.
About Peginesatide Peginesatide is a synthetic PEGylated peptidic compound that binds to and stimulates the erythropoietin receptor and thus acts as an erythropoiesis stimulating agent (ESA).
About Mircera: Mircera, the first continuous erythropoietin receptor activator indicated for the treatment of symptomatic anaemia in chronic kidney disease, is now approved in 68 countries and launched in 49 including the major EU markets Germany, the UK, Spain and France.
EPO Receptors The data remain inconclusive on the hypothesis that the expression of erythropoietin receptors on tumor cells can lead to shortened survival in cancer patients.