The new route, to be completed by the end of 1993, will cover over 1,500 miles (2,400Km) and will be the first large scale deployment of Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFA) in a long distance telecommunications network.
What does EDFA stand for?
EDFA stands for Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDFA
We have 1 other meaning of EDFA in our Acronym Attic
- European Disability Forum
- European Dystonia Federation
- Executive Dining Facility
- Expected Default Frequency (finance; credit analysis; Moody's KMV)
- Export Development Fund
- Extended Depth of Field (algorithm)
- Empirical Density Functional 1 (density functional theory)
- Economic Development Finance Authority (South Dakota)
- Effectifs Départementaux de Fonctionnement Annuel (French: Annual Operating Departmental Numbers)
- Electronic Device Failure Analysis (magazine)
- European Down and Feather Association (est. 1980)
- Extended Deep Femoral Angioplasty
- Education, Fine Arts, and Architecture (library; University of Western Australia)
- Electronic Device Failure Analysis Society (affiliate society of ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio)
- End Device Frame Buffering
- Entreprise Dauphinoise de Finition du Bâtiment (French construction company)
- Reichelsheim (airport code; Germany)
- Aschaffenburg (airport code; Germany)
- Economic Development and Financing Corporation (California)
- Electronic Damping Force Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, as the fiber optics market expands, certain product lines such as laser diodes, erbium doped fiber amplifiers (EDFAs), and ROADMs should experience higher investments for the innovation of new products in existing technologies, notes the analyst.
Movaz Network RAY(TM) Product Suite The RAY(TM) product suite contains six products: RAYexpress(TM), a fixed 40 channel optical add/drop multiplexer; RAY- ROADM(TM), a reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer; RAYstar(TM), an integrated transport and switching platform; RAYextender(TM), a family of Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers, Raman Amplifiers and Variable Gain Amplifiers, iWSS(TM), an NxN wavelength-selective switch; and RAYtracer(TM) /RAYo/s for automated network management.
980 nm fiber lasers have important applications in telecommunications and aerospace where they can be used to pump multiple Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers.
Hitachi Data Systems' TrueCopy remote data replication software and Lightning 9900 Series storage systems were deployed together with ADVA's FSP 2000 and FSP 3000 DWDM systems using Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers ("EDFAs").
17, 2002 Movaz Networks today launched its optical regional application suite of products including the RAYextender family of Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers, designed to provide extended all-optical reach for single and multi-span RAYexpress and RAYstar systems.
10, 2002 Corning Incorporated (NYSE:GLW), the world's leading optical amplifier supplier, today introduced two "smart," high-powered erbium doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) platforms in packages 75-percent smaller than the standard industry footprint.
A better cost-for-performance amplifier is the result--one that can amplify, as an example, more than 8-channels at 10 Gb/s over the entire C-band without the high price that accompanies Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFAs), and without the need for expensive gain flattening filters, laser pump hardware or transient control circuitry.