The Central Bank said: "The brochures advertised an attractive equivalent annual rate, and information relating to the minimum rate payable, which should have been highlighted, was not clearly presented to the customer.
What does EAR stand for?
EAR stands for Equivalent Annual Rate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EAR
We have 120 other meanings of EAR in our Acronym Attic
- Enhanced Alarm Reporting (TMN)
- Enterprise Application Archive
- Enterprise Architecture Repository (web-based resource)
- Enterprise Archive (file extension, Sun J2EE)
- Entity, Attribute, Relations (database modeling)
- Environmental Assessment Remediation (various locations)
- Environmental Assessment Report
- Environmental Auditing Roundtable
- Equipment Acquisition Resources (Palatine, IL)
- Equipment Approval Request (various organizations)
- Erection All Risks (insurance)
- Essen Auf Rädern
- Estimated Additional Resources (uranium production)
- Estimated Average Requirement
- Estimateur d'Aide au Remboursement (French: Repayment Assistance Estimator; Canada)
- Ethics Advisory Review (panel)
- Ethnomusicology Archive Report (UCLA)
- Europe for Animal Rights
- European Agency for Reconstruction
- European Association of Radiology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lots of savers will like the fact that interest is paid monthly - it is this fact that makes it an equivalent annual rate (AER) of 6.
To illustrate, the first table below shows tax-free equivalent annual rates of return.
Michael Saunders, UK economist with Citigroup, said in the past six months house prices fell at an equivalent annual rate of 11.
Each one charges you interest at an annual percentage rate (APR)or equivalent annual rate (EAR), which allows you to make a basic assessment of how much each type of credit will cost.