THE quarantine restrictions in force at Cologne racecourse since October 1 following an outbreak of equine infectious anemia, or swamp fever, were finally lifted yesterday after tests taken earlier this week proved negative, writes David Conolly-Smith.
What does EIA stand for?
EIA stands for Equine Infectious Anemia (commonly known as Coggins in Horses)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EIA
We have 264 other meanings of EIA in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Information Architecture
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Industry Associations
- Environmental Information Association (Bethesda, Maryland, USA)
- Environmental Institute of America (Campbell, CA)
- Environmental Investigation Agency
- Enzyme Immunoassay
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Équipement Industriel de l'Atlantique (French: Atlantic Industrial Equipment)
- Equity in Athletics, Inc
- Equity Indexed Annuity
- Erbil International Airport
- Estudio de Impacto Ambiental (Guatemala)
- Estudos Ibero Americanos (Portuguese: Latin American Studies)
- European Information Association
- European Intermodal Association (EU-backed NGO to assess Intermodal Transportation)
- Evaluación de Impacto Ambiental (Guatemala)
- Evaluarea Impactului Asupra (Romanian: Impact Assessment; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet he also clashed with state agriculture authorities, who several years ago removed and euthanized a horse named Nora that was allegedly infected with equine infectious anemia.
20 /PRNewswire/ -- American Veterinary Medical Frontiers (AVMF) announces a breakthrough in the field of retroviral research with the confirmation of a successfully bred horse with natural immunity to the deadly Equine Infectious Anemia Virus (EIA).
Animal virus infections that defy vaccination: equine infectious anemia, caprine arthritis-encephalitis, maedi-visna, and feline infectious peritonitis.
Other scientists, however, have maintained that the virus's structure and behavior in the body put it in a group of slow-acting, untreatable viruses called lentiviruses, a family that includes the equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV).
The memo includes activities such as vaccinations, testing, and applying official ear tags for programs for every livestock species, ranging from brucellosis to scrapies to equine infectious anemia," Kennedy noted.
DANEDREAM and 291 other thoroughbreds stationed at Cologne racecourse have tested negative to Equine Infectious Anemia (swamp fever) but last year's Arc heroine remains unlikely to be able to run in the Japan Cup next month, writes David Conolly-Smith.
Byline: Lisa Eckelbecker WEST BOYLSTON - A West Boylston veterinarian said he will try to keep a horse that is alleged to be infected with equine infectious anemia after a judge denied his attempt to block state agricultural officials who want the animal moved or euthanized.