At room temperature in a "normal" environment where the relative humidity is in the range of 35-65%, the equilibrium moisture content for an unfilled nylon will hover around 1.
What does EMC stand for?
EMC stands for Equilibrium Moisture Content (lumber)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMC
We have 493 other meanings of EMC in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Management Center
- Enterprise Management Consulting (various organizations)
- Enterprise Monitoring and Coordination
- Environmental Management Corporation
- Environmental Management Corporation (O'Fallon, MO)
- Environmental Modeling Center
- Environmental Moisture Content (material property)
- Enzyme Modified Cheese
- Episcopal Missionary Church
- Epoxy Molding Compound
- Equipment Management Company (various locations)
- Equipment Manufacturers Code
- Equity Market Capitalization
- Equity Membership Candidate
- Equivalent Magnetic Current
- Erasmus Medical Center (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Erdenet Mining Corporation (Mongolia)
- Essential Media Communications (Australia)
- Essential Mixed Cryoglobulinemia
- Ester Méthylique de Colza (French: Rapeseed Methyl Ester)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The objective of this study was to identify the best model that will accurately predict the desorption equilibrium moisture content of tomatoes at different temperatures and relative humidities 2 MATERIALS AND METHOD 2.
It is well known that under the same RH and temperature conditions, equilibrium moisture content (EMC) is found to be higher during desorption compared with adsorption and thus is described as the hysteresis effect.
Also, since nanoclay is hydrophilic, an increase in the rate of moisture absorption and the equilibrium moisture content of the WPC can be observed.
Prediction Accuracy of Thin Layer Models Thin layer drying is the process of removal of moisture from a porous media by evaporation, in which excess drying air is passed through a thin layer of the material until the equilibrium moisture content is reached.
Second, look at wood moisture content; when the wood moisture content is higher than the environmental equilibrium moisture content, the wood will dry and shrink; if the reverse is true, it will expand.
e] equilibrium moisture content (kg water/kg dry solid) X' moisture content (kg/kg total) Y dry solid content percent (kg dry solid/kg total) z power in diffusion coefficient expression, Equation (21) Greek Symbols [alpha] heat transfer coefficient (J/[m.
The relationship between the equilibrium moisture content of the material and the air temperature and RH is known as the moisture sorption isotherm.